Various Retreat Topics
The following are sample talks that can be used for a one-day retreat or weekend retreat. Fun activity and prayer time will be interspersed throughout.
- Learning to Love as a Family: A Theology of the Body Introduction for the Whole Family
- From Womb-to-Almost-Tomb: How Each Person of the Family Is Integral to Communal Love
- Parents: Form Your Family as The First Educators: Equipping Parents with Theology of the Body Principles
- Fun Activities while Learning about the Body: 1 to 4-Year-Olds are read to from Monica Ashour’s ToB For Tots Series (Led by TOBET Young Adults)
- Your Body Matters: 5 To 11-Year Olds are read to from Monica Ashour’s ToB for Kids series (Led by TOBET Young Adults)
- Young Teens and TOB: A TOBET Speaker applies the Three Fundamentals of the Theology of the Body as well as what it means to be a man, what it means to be a woman.
- Older Teens and The Life-Changing Message of TOB: A Review of the Three Fundamentals, Masculinity and Femininity, followed by a Compelling Talk about the Truth and Meaning of Human Sexuality and Chastity
Simultaneous Talks and Activities
- Playtime for the Little Ones
- To the Youth: Reading and Discussing in Small Group Fashion, Monica Ashour’s pamphlet, Social Networking: How to Plug in without Tuning Out (followed by playing games/sports)
- How To Renew Your Marriage by Understanding and Living the Theology of the Body
A Final Plenary Talk:
- “The Family that Prays together, Stays Together”: A TOB Perspective, Enlivening Prayer and Family Worship at Mass
To book a TOBET speaker to lead a retreat in your area, click here.