.MP3 file, downloadable.
TOB expert Monica Ashour’s presentation at the 2016 Theology of the Body Congress. Ashour presents the basis for and tips on approach Theology of the Body with various ages: tots, tweens and teens. Helpful for parents and educators!
This talk, directed at educators, parents, and catechists, overviews introducing Theology of the Body to students of all ages. It includes:
- introducing discussion of the idea of the masculine and feminine body;
- how the body is like a sacrament, in the way God designed humanity in his likeness;
- how to talk about humanity and its role in male and female sexuality;
- the relationship between holiness and sexuality;
- how to keep the discussion age-appropriate;
- and how necessary it is, given the current culture, for kids to hear a black and white approach to a Christian understanding of their bodies.