Marriage Preparation Program
Approved by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB), the Theology of the Body Marriage Preparation Program strengthens future marriages by forming couples through “a deep exploration of the meaning of the human body, especially in the context of marital love.” pg.1
TOBET4ENGAGED (T4E) is a flexible, dynamic program that can adapt to your ideal format. Parishes, Family Life directors and sponsor couples can use T4E books and resources for many types of marriage preparation processes:
- Monthly/weekly formation series
- Sponsor couples (small groups and 2-on-2 engagement)
- Pre-Cana/Workshop/Retreat presentation
- And more! Talk with us about what works best for you.
TOBET4ENGAGED Program Elements
The foundation of our program, with 80 pages of diagrams, stories and thought-provoking questions, TOBET’s Theology of the Body Marriage Preparation book helps engaged couples dive into Theology of the Body as it applies to married living!
- Holistic in scope – covers sacramental view of marriage, communication, finances, family planning and more!
- Clear, solid Catholic teaching: Nihil Obstat and Imprimatur
- Available in English, Spanish, & Vietnamese
Includes corresponding journal containing discussion questions: Great for individual use, and helpful in facilitating couple dialogue!
*TOBET recommends 2 books per couple, or 1 book per engaged person.
- Electronic visual aids to assist couples (and you!) in following along.
- Great for workshop/retreat presentations, and even sponsor couple training!
- Available in English and Spanish
- Included in your purchase of the Facilitators Resource Package
Ready to use TOBET4ENGAGED?
Our Facilitators Resources make it easy for you to present the program.
Your purchase of the Facilitators Resource Package at a parish/diocesan level includes:
- (Mailed) DVD of training/presentation videos
- Electronic download of Resource files
- Rights to distribute all materials to facilitators in your parish/diocese
- ONE-TIME fee (see pricing tab), not a subscription!
Resource files include:
- Content of the program: Facilitator’s Guide E-book and Presentation slides
- Training videos (available in English, coming soon in Spanish!)
- Supplemental handouts/activity sheets for couples
- Tips on Presenting
- Blank Certificates of Completion: For couples AND for facilitator training!
- And more!
TOBET can provide on-site training for your facilitators and mentor couples!
There are two options:
- Book/observe a TOBET4ENGAGED Pre-Cana in your area
TOBET presenter(s) will form engaged couples in your area while facilitators watch the live presentation and engage the material!
Great opportunity to brainstorm and dialogue about how to adapt the program to your needs and resources!
- Schedule a Facilitator training
TOBET presenter will dive into material and empower your ministers to use their expertise, testimony and wisdom to share TOB!
***Book a 3-5 day TOB week with your facilitator training and engaged your whole parish/area in an impactful way!***
Discounts available for bulk orders of 25 or more!
- Diocese – $695
- This applies to an entire diocese! If purchased by a diocesan office, rights are extended to all facilitators in that diocese who utilize TOBET4ENGAGED
- Parish – $149
- This applies to a parish. If a pastor/marriage prep facilitator purchases Facilitator Resources, rights are extended to all facilitators in that parish
This book is a real contribution to the need for truly useful marriage preparation materials based on the Theology of the Body.Janet E. Smith, Ph.D.
Thank you guys so much for new understandings on so many things. This class I believe has brought us closer to each other and to the Lord.Groom-To-Be
Thank you so very much! I appreciate this course and I plan on recommending it to Catholics AND non-Catholics.Bride-To-Be
Compelling for all engaged couples, no matter where they are on their faith journey.Anonymous
The TOBET facilitator really knew how to reach the average engaged couple. The Theology of the Body book, slideshow presentation, and Facilitator Guide set a firm foundation in understanding the truth of marriage, which is so needed nowadays. I highly recommend this program.Chris Vaughan
It was very good! We will review the book and have more discussions at home. We intend to begin praying together as a result of this class and will implement the book’s other suggestions as well.Groom-To-Be
TOBET4ENGAGED Success: Survey Results in 2015-2016 in Texas
A More Complete Understanding of Marriage
96% said they had a better understanding of the Church’s teaching about marriage
A Renewed Interest in an Active Faith
84% said they plan to be more active in their faith
Interest in Natural Family Planning
62% said that they “wanted to” or were “unsure about” practicing NFP
Love for Christ
92% said they made a deeper commitment to Christ as a result of the program
Intention to Save Sex until Marriage
76% were sexually active, 34% said they plan to abstain until marriage
- Of those who were sexually active, 34% intend to abstain until marriage after this program 34%
88% found the program “helpful” or “very helpful”
What do I do next?
Learn More Today!
1. Use the form to contact us for more information!
2. We will consult with you about the best way to utilize TOBET4ENGAGED, based on your resources and needs.
3. If you wish to schedule a facilitator training, call 972-849-6543 for available dates.