Marriage Preparation Program
Our Theology of the Body Marriage Preparation Program is a flexible, holistic program that covers practical, down-to-earth topics in order to form couples to live healthy, holy marriages. Some of them include:
- Communication and Safe Dialogue
- Family of Origin
- Conflict Resolution
- Family Planning
But, TOBET4ENGAGED goes deeper. It examines all these practical topics precisely through the lens of St. John Paul’s Theology of the Body. Couples develop familiarity with TOB themes and deepen their understanding of the “whys behind the whats” of the Catholic Church’s teaching on marriage and sexuality. Some common TOB themes include:
- The “Spousal” Meaning of the Human Body
- Masculinity & Femininity: Archetypes, Not Stereotypes
- The Sacramental Vision of Marriage
- Marital Love as a Person-to-Person Encounter
Approved by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB)
Nihil Obstat: Janet E. Smith, Ph.D., October 28, 2014
Imprimatur: +Most Reverend Mark J. Seitz, D.D., Bishop of El Paso, November 5, 2014
Want to buy in bulk and save?
TOBET4ENGAGED Program Elements
- Clear, solid Catholic teaching: Nihil Obstat and Imprimatur
- Includes helpful visual diagrams which correspond to Facilitator Resources (see other tabs)
- Available in English, Spanish, & Vietnamese
Also see T4E’s corresponding journal containing discussion questions: Great for individual use, and helpful in facilitating couple dialogue!
Click the image for a preview of our marriage preparation book.
- Electronic visual aids to assist couples (and you!) in following along
- Diagrams on slides correspond to concepts in the marriage preparation book
- Available in English and Spanish
- Included in your purchase of the Facilitator Resources
Click the image for a preview of our presentation slides.
T4E’s Facilitator Guide and Resources include everything you need to present the program—regardless of your level of theological or ministry training.
The T4E Facilitator Guide corresponds page by page to the marriage preparation book, breaks down the content into principles for presenters and facilitators to highlight—it empowers you to truly form your engaged couples!
The Facilitator Resources (package) includes:
- DVD of training/presentation videos
- Digital download of Resource files
- Rights to distribute all materials to facilitators in your parish or diocese
- ONE-TIME cost, not a subscription!
Resource files include:
- Content of the program: Facilitator’s Guide E-book and Presentation slides
- Training videos (available in English)
- Supplemental handouts/activity sheets for couples
- Tips on Presenting
- Blank Certificates of Completion: For couples AND for facilitator training!
- And more!
Thank you for this class! It was very informative and I appreciate all the hard work that went into planning. The instructors & speakers provided real-life examples and hardships that all couples face. It was not just the happy but the real.
Thank you so very much! I appreciate this course and I plan on recommending it to Catholics AND non-Catholics.
It was very good! We will review the book and have more discussions at home. We intend to begin praying together as a result of this class and will implement the book’s other suggestions as well.
TOBET4ENGAGED Success: Survey Results from 2018-20 programs in Texas
A More Complete Understanding of Marriage
100% said they had a better understanding of the Church’s teaching about marriage
- 100% 100%
A Renewed Interest in an Active Faith
91% said they plan to be more active in their faith
- 91% 91%
Interest in Natural Family Planning
97% said that they “wanted to” or were “unsure about” practicing NFP
- 97% 97%
Love for Christ
93.5% said they made a deeper commitment to Christ as a result of the program
- 93.5% 93.5%
Intention to Save Sex until Marriage
Of the 73% who were sexually active, 40% said they plan to abstain until marriage
- Of those who were sexually active, 40% intend to abstain until marriage after this program 40% 40%
99% found the program “helpful” or “very helpful”
- 99% 99%