is a focused response, rather than a reaction, to the counter Christian messages leading people astray. TOBET speakers present the truth and meaning of the body in age-appropriate, sacred ways from the youngest of the oldest person in a parish or school. This holistic approach shows the significance of the body to Catholicism and how living the truth of the body brings hope, healing, and joy.
- The Body Teaches Us That Every Person Deserves a Response of Love
- Sacraments For Second Graders: The Body of Christ Has Meaning!
- The Body and Holiness: Morality from a Theology of the Body Perspective
- To Date or Not To Date?: That Is The Question
- Renewing Your Marriage: TOB Style
(Note: Other topics can be requested.)
Be prepared for your parish or school to be changed. No matter the topic, TOB changes.
“TOB rocked our young adult group and renewed by marriage.” –Anna, Faribault, MN
TOB Week is a cost effective and time efficient means of evangelizing as many people as possible with the Good News of the fruitful union of Christ and His Church. National speaker, Monica Ashour, is adept at reaching various audiences, from primary school children to daily-Mass-going retired persons, and all those in between. TOB Week has been well received in Minnesota, Alabama, San Antonio, and California, among other Texas places.
A TOB Week might look like this:
• Talks at local grade school for all ages, ending with a 2 hour talk to 7th and 8th graders from 1-3pm.
• Faculty overview of TOB from 3:30-4:30pm
• Parents’ talk from 7-8:30pm, preceded by book signing by author, Monica Ashour
• Talk to Mothers’ Groups in the area from 9:30-11:00am
• Talk at local high school in plenary session in the afternoon
• Talk in the evening to college students at Catholic center
• Talk to Deacons and other marriage and family life directors about Theology of the Body Marriage Preparation book and program from 9:00am to 4:30pm (Then, such leaders will be equipped to use TOBET4ENGAGED.
• TOB talk to youth group at regular meeting time
• TOBET4EDUCATORS—This 2-day Seminar forms teachers and youth ministers in the Theology of the Body for their personal growth, and then for their professional work with youth. Each receives a TOBET Certificate for Continuing Education Hours. 9:00am-4:30pm
• Theology on Tap or Young Adult group
• TOBET4EDUCATORS (continued) 9:00am-4:30pm
• Begin TOB Retreat for Youth (some places like a small retreat for Middle School on Friday night and High School Retreat on Saturday)
• TOB High School Retreat (all day, and perhaps until Sunday)
• OR—Training volunteers/sponsor couples in TOBET4ENGAGED
• After Mass in morning, a “Date Night” talk to couples during lunch or dinner
• TOB Talk during typical teen youth night
The cost varies, depending on amount of talks, etc. Most dioceses/organizations cover expenses by asking donors to contribute to TOBET, sometimes as grant money or sometimes with monthly donations. Other places ask the various audiences (schools, college campuses, youth group budget) to give a bit so that it is do-able all around. Some get donors to give air miles for speaker travel costs. For more information, contact TOBET at 972-849-6543 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
To book TOBET for a TOB Week in your area, click the button below.[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][vcex_button url=”http://tobet.org/booking/” title=”Book a TOB Week!” css_animation=”appear” style=”graphical” align=”center” size=”large” icon_left=”check-square-o” custom_background=”#00747a” custom_hover_background=”#920030″]Book a TOB Week![/vcex_button][/vc_column][/vc_row]